2020 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Towing Capacity
Drivers looking to own a heavy-duty truck with impressive towing specs should consider the 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD. This model makes any towing job easier with innovative towing features, powerful engine options, and bold capabilities. Learn more about the Chevy Silverado 2500 towing capacity with Cornerstone Chevrolet today!
Chevy Silverado Towing Capacity for 2500HD: Engines
The high towing capacity of the Silverado 2500HD starts with a powerful engine. This model offers two powertrain choices that enhance the Chevy Silverado 2500 towing capacity to get you and your work gear where you need to go with ease. These include:
Vortec 6.0L V8
- Max towing of 14,500 pounds for the 2020 Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab Long Bed 2WD with 17-inch wheels and available fifth-wheel or gooseneck hitch.
- 401 hp and 464 lb-ft of torque.
- Six-speed automatic transmission.
- Newly redesigned, this engine has 11 percent more horsepower, 22 percent more torque, and an 18 percent higher towing capacity increase from last year’s model.
Duramax 6.6L Turbodiesel V8
- The Silverado 2500HD diesel engine allows for a max towing capacity of an astounding 15,400 pounds on properly equipped configurations.
- This engine generates 445 hp and 910 lb-ft of torque.
- Available Allison® 10-speed automatic transmission is responsible for an impressive torque increase that allows the Silverado 2500HD to tow its full capacity in first gear.
Chevy Silverado Towing Capacity: Towing Features
After power comes features. The Chevy Silverado towing capacity is made stronger and easier to manage with features such as the Enhanced Trailering System that’s standard on most models and available on others. This adds:
- Customizable trailer profiles
- Pre-departure checklist
- Trailer maintenance reminders
- Trailer security alerts
- Trailer mileage
- Tow/haul reminder
- Trailer electrical diagnostics
- Trailer tire pressure monitoring alert
Other tow-friendly options include:
- Auto Park Brake Assist
- New Park Grade Hold Assist
- Hill Start Assist and Hill Descent Control
- StabiliTrak with Trailer Sway Control and Proactive Rollover Avoidance
Experience the Chevy Silverado 2500 Towing Capacity with Cornerstone Chevrolet
Explore the high-end features of the new Chevy Silverado 2500 at Cornerstone Chevrolet or contact us to learn more before you get the financing process started. Looking to drive off in a new Chevy Silverado today? Apply for financing online to get pre-approved for your favorite model.
More from Cornerstone Chevrolet
The 2021 Chevy Malibu has dazzled Rogers drivers with its well-appointed interior and high-tech amenities, but that’s not all that it has to offer. The 2021 Chevy Malibu MPG reaches up to 29 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on the highway, which can save you serious money on annual fueling costs. See…
Finding your next great compact crossover to power through the streets of Rogers is easy with the 2021 Chevy Equinox. Explore the Chevy Equinox trim levels and pricing options to see which package fits your lifestyle and budget. Learn more about the configuration options with Cornerstone Chevrolet and shop for your Chevy with Click Your…
The 2021 Chevy Malibu interior is perfect for Buffalo drivers who are looking for a new sedan that has its own unique style and offers several advanced features. Whether you’re looking for a white Chevy Malibu or a black Chevy Malibu, Cornerstone Chevrolet in Monticello has you covered! The 2021 Chevy Malibu interior offers a…