2020 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500 TOWING CAPACITY
The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity reaches up to 13,400 pounds of tools, supplies, and anything else you need to get the job done when properly equipped. Learn more about this light-duty pickup’s impressive towing capabilities and more to help you optimize your towing and hauling needs at Cornerstone Chevrolet. We have a wide variety of pre-owned and new Silverado 1500 models in different configurations in stock, so visit us today to get behind the wheel of your favorite Chevy Silverado trim. Looking for the Silverado 2500HD towing capacity? We’ve got you covered on that as well.
Drivers interested in a new Silverado 1500 have options when it comes to powertrain. There are five engine choices available. Even at the base trim, the 1500 can tow 7,000 pounds. Paired with the RST trim, the 6.2L V8 engine gets you the max Silverado 1500 towing capacity of 13,400 pounds. Here are the engine options available for the new Silverado:
- 4.3L V6 — The standard 4.3L V6 engine generates 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque for a maximum towing capacity of 7,000 pounds.
- 2.7L Turbo — An upgrade to the 2.7L turbocharged engine captures an additional 310 hp and a best-in-class 348 lb-ft of torque, and towing capacity goes up to 7,900 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 — Step up to the 5.3L V8 for 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. The V8 option leaps to an 11,600-pound towing capacity.
- 6.2L V8 — When outfitted with the 6.2L V8 and the RST trim, your Silverado 1500 achieves the maximum 13,400-pound towing capacity. That’s in addition to 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel — Interested in the power, fuel efficiency, and easy maintenance of diesel? The Turbo-Diesel Silverado 1500 engine cranks out 9,400 pounds of towing capacity, 260 hp, and 460 lb-ft of torque.
2020 Silverado 1500 Towing Features
In addition to powerful engine options, the Silverado 1500 is equipped with an abundance of advanced technologies to help keep the heavier loads steady even when the going gets rough. These include:
- Trailering Package — The Trailering Package equips your Silverado 1500 with a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, an automatic locking rear differential, a 4-pin connector, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Max Trailering Package — This optional package builds on the Trailering Package, adding the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, upgraded rear springs, revised shock tuning, and more.
- Towing Mirrors for Chevy Silverado — Extend your view of the road around your trailer with available towing mirrors for the Chevy Silverado.
Test Drive a 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 at Cornerstone Chevrolet!
If you decide to get behind the wheel of the new Silverado or if you’re interested in towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado models, get in touch with us at Cornerstone Chevrolet. Check out our inventory of Chevy trucks, our new vehicle specials to help you save, and our genuine Chevy parts and accessories to help you customize your new vehicle to your liking. Have questions in the meantime or looking to get the process started? Contact Us, then apply for financing online!