WHAT IS THE BED SIZE OF A CHEVY SILVERADO?
For over 100 years Chevy’s philosophy has been, “a car for every purse and every purpose.”
The 2020 Chevy Silverado sticks with that philosophy, offering a choice of truck bed sizes and to meet all your hauling needs in Monticello.
The Chevy Silverado bed size depends partially on the cab style. Take a look at your options:
- Regular cab: Available only on the Work Truck trim, it has a 6.5-foot-long standard bed or an 8-foot-long extended bed.
- Extended cab: While you get more interior space, you still get a 6.5-foot-long Chevy Silverado truck bed.
- Crew Cab: You have the option of a 5-foot-8-inch or 6.5-foot standard truck bed.
The 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 is a hauling machine, with best-in-class cargo volume, box depth, and box length at the floor. It’s a segment-leader with 12 fixed tie-downs, and for the first time in the industry an up/down power tailgate.
The cargo volume of the 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Durabed is up to 20 percent more than any competitor, and surpasses even the 2018 Chevy Silverado models:
- Chevy Silverado Short Box: 63 cubic feet, an increase of 10 cubic feet.
- Chevy Silverado Standard Box: 72 cubic feet, an increase of 10 cubic feet.
- Chevy Silverado Long Box: 89 cubic feet, an increase of 6 cubic feet.
Where did all this extra space come from? Chevy increased the maximum width of the Silverado’s truck bed by nearly ten percent in all truck sizes. They also made improvements by using higher-grade steel in the Durabed’s construction. The Silverado offers plenty of accessory options, including available a 120-volt outlet near the tailgate, lighting around the hitch and cargo box, larger CornerStep footwells, and a Power Release tailgate.
When you’re ready to get the most truck bed cargo capacity on the market, contact Cornerstone Chevrolet to arrange a test drive.